Thursday, January 27, 2011

Universe Man

I was VERY happy to see that, even though no sub picked up my job for today, that we got Mrs. Somers in the class for the day. I got a (mostly) complimentary behavior report from her.

As for me, I had a full day of reviewing Science materials for next year, which is even less exciting than it sounds, but it's important that we end up with good lesson matter for the future years. I have to admit it's always fun to visit with teacher-friends from other schools and talk with the junior high people about what's coming next for your kids.

I talked to Mrs. K in the library and she said that the kids did some research for their reports, which is exactly what I wanted to hear. It wouldn't be a bad idea to get to the public library some time in the next few days if possible to get some more materials for this project. All work will be done in the classroom up until the end, and then I'll let you know what needs to be done at home if anything. At most it should be some typing.

3 comments:

Viva said...

Mrs. Sommers? :( tell her i said hi and i miss her very much and no teacher's aid is better then MRS.SOMMERS not even at clay

Jeff said...

I told her that if I had my way, she would ALWAYS be my sub. Unfortunately, the only way you get Mrs. Sommers is if your sub doesn't show. If there's one person who I know can handle a class, it's her!

Jeff said...

Oh, and THANK YOU for signing up for the Relay team, Viva! Tell your friends to join up too! But only the cool ones (you know who they are). :)