Sunday, January 23, 2011

Persnickety

GOOD NEWS! I found the Math tests! Whew! Look for the rest of them tomorrow, along with some of their other homework that I graded this weekend.

Research project: I was very happy with the topics that the kids had ready for me on Friday! Especially when the teachers got together after school on Friday and compared our topics. I was SO glad that I'm not going to have to read papers on the topics from the other classes. Even though I didn't have a kid want to do Ethan Allen and the Green Mountain Boys AGAIN (my favorite, still unexplored topic after all these years...), it's all cool, because they came up with really interesting topics. One teacher (and a fellow lover of history) said that she wanted to trade me classes for the research project. I told her, after listening to her topics report, that I didn't blame her but that I would just keep my class, thank you very much. Also, the kids will need to have notecards by Wednesday. At least 50, but hopefully more. Most of the kids had these from their first day of school kits, but many of them have squandered them by covering them with lines made my markers. Kids love to cover notecards with lines of marker for some reason. Okay, not all kids, but I can think of four in my class individually that I know of, so you may need to get some before Wednesday.

FYI: I won't be around on Thursday, because I will be at a meeting trying to get our Science curriculum straightened out (ugh, THAT will get sticky for sure...), but I will do my best to get a good sub for the kids. I'm kind of picky with who I get.

2 comments:

Mona said...

There is a great sub named cavanan or however you spell it

Anonymous said...

thats cool hey mona its kate!what like a sub for school or like a sandwhich? have a good day since schools canceled.