Friday, January 8, 2010

History Shmistory

Off the top of my head, here are some more topics that I didn't give today that I thought about in the car later:

Emperor Norton, the Mad Monarch of America
John Muir and Yosemite
Mark Twain (so many sublevels you could do with this one)
History of Comics (actually quite interesting)
Sam Houston
The OK Corral
Zebulon Pike
Kit Carson
Serial movies
Ellis Island
Angel Island
The Statue of Liberty
The history of surfing
The history of skateboarding (which ties into the surfing)
Jackie Robinson
The Negro Leagues
Tokyo Rose
The Johnstown Flood
Martin Luther King, Jr.
The British Invasion
The Munich Olympics 1972
The Freemasons
The Fall of Saigon
Jim Jones and Jonestown*
Tianamen Square*
The Challenger Disaster
Woodstock*
Jesse James
Area 51

Okay, so the * ones may need some guidance from parents and me to make sure we're dealing with only appropriate information. I gave them a whole slew of topics (covered both boards) today, but as I knew would happen, there are so many (SO many) possibilities with this project that there's no reason for anyone in the fifth grade to not have a fascinating topic to study.

No comments: