Thursday, September 4, 2008

Melt (updated now)

We're melting! Actually, a couple people have brought in fans, but now I'm having to yell over them. This isn't a huge problem because I have a pretty loud voice, but I've told the kids that we're going to have to be extra-nice to each other during this heat. When I went to elementary school, that's just the way it was. Amazing how coddled we've become, isn't it?

No spelling this week, but I am giving the kids a new Caesar's English today. That quiz will be over Latin roots, and it will be next Friday.

Speaking of next Friday, next Friday will be Talk Like a Pirate Day in fifth grade. On that day, we will learn all about pirates, do many fun pirate activities, and the kids are encouraged to dress like a pirate that day. (Not to mention take their Spelling test and Caesar's English quiz...) We do this on the last day before ISTEP testing for kind of a fun day before the big one begins. I have no idea what we'll do before we take ISTEP again in March. 

Oh, and UPDATE: Now we DO have air. Woohoo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahh,yes. Good old michael clay thompson.