Saturday, February 9, 2008

Even Better Than Steel Wool

We had a lot of fun at Colonial Days last week. Thanks to everyone who came in to help us out. Like so many of you, I was amazed by the amount of parental support we have at school.

Yesterday was kind of a catch-up day with the class. As far as I know, next week is pretty normal, so I'm looking forward to getting back into some of the routines I tried to establish right at the first of the semester.

The journals? I can't remember whether or not I said anything in the last post, but I've been so happy with the things the kids have been writing. And they sit there and just write for the amount of time they're given. It's amazing. At the beginning of the year, most of these kids would have rather chewed on steel wool for twenty minutes than write; now they're writing machines.

No comments: