Sunday, July 22, 2018

Ava

Happy Birthday to Ava!

Okay, honestly, I'm not actually sure it's Ava's birthday. She told me when it was, but I cannot find where I wrote it down anywhere. You see, on the first day of school every year, I ask each student about their birthday. Ava didn't come in to 5-1 until February, though, so I didn't write it down in my day planner like I normally would.

Even though Ava came in a little late to the party, she no less gelled right in with the rest of the class. You never would have guessed she hadn't been here the whole school year. She made friends with everyone very quickly, and she just as rapidly became one of those people that no one could ever have anything against. To call her "sweet" would be a huge understatement. She always had that smile on her face, and I would have gladly taught ten of her.

Thanks for coming back to Woodbrook when you did, Ava. I hope you are having a great summer, and that you had a great birthday, no matter when it was. You definitely deserve it!

No comments: