Tuesday, July 28, 2015

PJ

Happy Birthday, PJ!

PJ always gets tired of me telling about how I can remember the day he was born, so I'm going to post it on the blog where it will be preserved forever. I was riding in the truck with the Smarts' good family friend, Mr. Mike Thyen (now there's a blast from the distant 5-1 past!), when we received word on his cell phone. This was back in the early to mid 2000's, so in my imagination, his cell phone is roughly the size of an ottoman. Our reaction was, "Finally!"

I remember everyone joked around that the Smarts bought another six years at Woodbrook when they had PJ. To put things into perspective, his oldest brother Tyler was a fifth grader when I first came to WB as a student teacher. At the time, it seemed like it would be an eternity before PJ would even come to Woodbrook, let alone graduate.

I hope you're having a good day, PJ, old boy!

No comments: