Sunday, June 5, 2011

Rocktopia

Well, that was interesting! Thank you all so much who came out to Relay for Life yesterday. Unfortunately, it ended in a crazy way and while I wasn't even there. I left to go to another engagement during which the weather went all crazy to the point of cancellation--at least temporary until the morning. Luckily I had friends who grabbed up all my stuff for me while packing up their tents frantically.

Anyway, I want to thank everyone who came out and played a part in this event. Just from 5-1 (i.e. readers of this blog), I saw the Adaniyas, the Blocks (including Rachel's grandparents, all the way from Idaho!), the Conns, the Gonzalezes, the Gripps, Tess Nihill, the Smiths, and the Schipps, and I hear the Spanglers and Ally Langston showed up while I was gone. You know, I've had a lot of classes talk the talk before, but this is by far the biggest turnout I've ever seen from any one individual class of mine. I've been told that some of you are even planning on having a new team next year: Carter's Class 2010/2011. I won't hold him to that, but I love it anyway, and wish you all success, and of course, I will be a part of it too, because, you know, once a family, always a family. We had some crazy fun putting up the tents (in particular, Blake and Tina Smith's...that was a learning experience!), and experiencing the torrid weather together. And I didn't even mention all the people there from years past. Thank you to everyone who came out yesterday--in addition to my class from this year, the Christys, the Pitzes, Michael Crowley, the Alfords, the Kruegers, the Carltons, the Alexanders (I was told they were coming, anyway, not sure if the weather staved them off), Mrs. Davis (how awesome to have a principal that comes to Relay!), and my longtime Relay for Life partners and friends, the Weghorsts. Thanks again, guys!

I really wish, by the way, that I had taken video (and was able to post video) of Griffin doing his karaoke version of "Build Me Up, Butter Cup". Priceless.

Life doesn't always go the way we have it planned out, but then, if it did, it wouldn't be life. Let's look forward to another year of Relay goodness next year--and hope for a Relay without a nighttime storm, and most importantly, a future without cancer.

6 comments:

Griffin Gonzalez said...

Why do you build me up (Build me up)
Buttercup baby just to
let me down (Let me down)
And mess me around
And then worst of all (Worst of all)
You never call baby
When you say you will (Say you will)
But I love you still
I need you (I need you)
More than anyone darlin'
You know that I have from the start

So build me up (Build me up)
Buttercup
Don't break my heart
I'll be over at ten
You tell me time and again
But you're late
I wait around and then
I went to the door
I can't take any more
It's not you
You let me down again

Baby Baby
Try to find a little time
And I'll make you happy
I'll be home
I'll be waiting beside the phone
Waiting for you.

Why do you build me up....
To you I'm a toy
But I could be the boy
You adore
If you'd just let me know
Although you're untrue
I'm attracted to you
All the more
Why do I need you so Baby Baby.....

ooh ooh ooh
Why do build me up .....

Jeff said...

Your performance yesterday made up for me missing the class's performance at the fifth grade party!

Drew said...

Did you remember ALL of that?

Ally said...

Mr. C did u get put in the jail at relay?

Jeff said...

Yes I did! I got a photo of you, Griffin and Annie with Griffin in jail too, from his mom. Sorry I missed you!

Ally said...

Its fine!