Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Debris

Please pardon my slacker-like attention to this blog over the past week. In getting back into the groove this week (not discounting ISTEP at all), this has fallen by the wayside. Here are some highlights:
  • ISTEP has come and gone. And good riddance, say the kids! (Their teacher isn't too broken-hearted, either...)
  • In Social Studies, we've been studying the Trail of Tears. It's horrific, and the kids were asked to make some tough decisions. Very interesting talk today in class.
  • In Math, we've been talking rates, proportions, ratios, unit rates, scale drawings and models, and all that kind of stuff. They seem to be getting it pretty well overall. Expect a test on Friday or early next week.
  • I've received compliments on how well-behaved my class is from Mrs. Scott, Mrs. Moon, Mrs. Haberfield, the substitute who was in my class Friday afternoon, and a volunteer mom in the library! I'm so happy with these kids! And just like it is every year, I get them just the way I want them...and then they're going on to sixth grade. Sigh.
Have a great rest of the week, everyone!

No comments: