Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Science of Grading

Hey, folks. This last six weeks, we've learned a lot about the stars and the heavens, and we're not quite done yet. I plan to hit this pretty hard in the next couple weeks, and as you know, we have a quiz over some of the people we learned about earlier in the term. 

While here at school, however, I found out that--while considerable amounts of time were spent talking about astronomy, I took very few grades in it. I only have four, and I like to have ten at the very least to give a grade for the whole six weeks. Because of this, I'm going to just put those grades on the next six weeks, and your child will have an "NG" in the grade blank for Science this six weeks. 

Also, I've decided to put the DOLs into the Writing grade this six weeks instead of the Reading grade. After consulting with a few colleagues, I've decided that Writing would be the best place for this grade from now on.

If you have any questions, just give me a call. Thanks.

No comments: