Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Better Late Than Never

It is with great shame that I update this post after a week and a half without posting anything.

We have been really busy in 5-1. We've started reading a new book called The Kid Who Ran for President by Dan Gutman. I told the kids we were going to have to take a sabbatical from Time Stops because of poor planning and timing on my part. I really wanted to read Kid for obvious reasons before the election in November. I may throw in another book before we pick back up in Time Stops, also.

Also, I've been meeting with guided reading groups, and those have been pretty fun for me to meet with smaller groups of kids.

In Science, we've started doing a unit called Newton's Toybox. We're applying Newton's Laws of Physics in experiments. These are a lot of fun, and the kids are pretty good about not getting all silly with them.

This class continues to get better and better. I hate to jinx anything, so I won't go on any more, but honestly, every day is fun with these guys.

Thanks to those of you who came to the camp meeting last night. I'm sending information home today for those who weren't there yesterday.

I'll be sending home a Carter Current tomorrow with more information and details, but I wanted to throw an update on here just so you didn't think we'd gone idle.

No comments: