Saturday, August 9, 2008

The View From the Ledge

Well, the classroom is almost finished. I have a few more things to get put away before the big day on Tuesday, and I have to say it's quite a dramatic change. And I think that's a good thing. I will feel more fresh, less like I'm just continuing on from last year, and more like I'm starting all over. I think this is a good thing to have a feeling of renewal. With a new set-up for the classroom, we have new carpeting and new wall coverings and all that stuff. This is probably the longest I've ever spent trying to set up my classroom, and that includes my first year of teaching.

With fewer students this year, I feel pretty good about how it's going to go. I also am pretty sure I've got a great class. I showed my class list to one of the specials teachers, and she said, "I love every single one of these guys." I think this is probably the first time I've ever heard that, so this is a huge plus.

I have so many plans for this new year, and I'm very excited about implementing all of them. Each year I try to improve as a teacher, and I have high hopes that this will be my best year yet.

Former students? Feel free to e-mail me with a report from Clay. I'll post it here, without your whole name, if you want me to. I look forward to hearing from you.

No comments: