Tuesday, August 12, 2008

All Ready Already

Happy first day! Wow, do I ever have a great class. Very well-behaved, and everyone was so friendly.

Here's the only homework for right now: The kids need to bring in a book to read during silent reading time tomorrow, and they were to have made a note that the Meet the Teacher Night is on Tuesday, August 26th, and NOT on Thursday, August 28th, as I wrote in my note that went home today.

Your kids were awesome, and I look forward to a great year. As I told them today: as a class, we operate as a family. Do families always get along? No. But they get along for the most part, and they do look out for each other. I told them that I would be there to help them out when they need it, to put some pressure down when I think I can get more out of them, and hopefully to help them be the best that they can be.

I think we will have a great time this year, and I look forward to meeting all of you soon.

No comments: