Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Darn Good

With the kids having Math at the end of the day, I've started to slip on getting this blog out on a daily basis. My apologies, but when this does happen, I'll do my best to slip in here and get any important words out to everyone.

First off, I told the kids today that for ISTEP next week, they need to have something that they really want to read, because chances are they'll have some reading time. They did get their next book report "project" today, which isn't a huge deal, but make sure you ask them about it.

Also, I was really pleased with how well they did on their DOLs yesterday after we graded some in class. Almost everybody took them home and went over them at home, which is exactly what I wanted. I've never had a class that adapted to getting better grades on their DOLs so quickly. Most everyone has always wanted to just get them turned in about fifteen minutes after receiving them, but these kids learned from that mistake the first time. Hallelujah!

There is a spelling test on Friday, and the Latin Roots test is on Thursday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are they about the Fergusons?
Laura

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, they most certainly are.

molly said...

oh yes