Monday, November 12, 2018

Excelsior!

Man, what a bummer.

Stan Lee, age 95, passed away today. I'm sure I don't need to tell you that Stan Lee was the Editor in Chief of Marvel Comics. He is the co-creator of characters like Spider-Man, Hulk, Thor, the Fantastic Four, Daredevil, Iron Man, Ant-Man, the Wasp...I could go on and on.

He was always comics' biggest huckster, greatest spokesman, and coolest fan. I have no idea how many Marvel comic book movies in which he has played a cameo role, but I know that we will miss them from here on out.

In the back of Marvel Comic books, he used to always write a feature called "Stan's Soapbox." In this letter column and editorial, he always played the part of the cool uncle who talked to you like you were an adult, even when you were a nine year old kid. Although I didn't intentionally emulate Stan Lee as a teacher, I'm sure part of what I was came from his example.

Excelsior, Stan.

No comments: