Sunday, September 30, 2018

When September Ends

Traditionally, I would try to hold myself back as much as possible from getting political on this blog, what with it being tied directly to my job at the school system. And I still won't get overly political on here, because, frankly, no one cares about anyone else's politics unless they want to correct the other person, and I'm not interested in that.

But I have recently found out that Noblesville Schools are in an uphill battle--much more than I realized when I posted about this the first time--to get this referendum through.

If you are interested, look on the website Noblesville 2018 Referendum Facts.

What I've heard over the past few days around here (and on Nextdoor) is that they are just trying to hire more teachers because they are too lazy to handle more than 20 students at a time. They don't mention the things listed on the website. The mental health staff alone would be $1.57 million. This has nothing to do with the security, which would cost $1.75 million. Nowhere on that site does it say they are looking to reduce class sizes, with the exception of the middle school and high school, where many classes have 35+ students. I can assure you that no teacher can be effective with that many students per class to worry about.

It's amazing what four months will do to people's memories.

No comments: