Sunday, July 3, 2011

Where the Plural Form of Leaf Is "Leafs"

Hey, all you hosers, sorry I missed doing a Canada Day post! July 1st was Canada Day! The national holiday of patriotism for our neighbors to the north.

When I worked at camp, we always had some campers and especially counselors who were from Canada. They were all great people (well, except for one who was a bit of a mean person, but mostly they were really cool). In fact, our lodge anthem, O, Buffalo is a take on Canada's national anthem, O, Canada, known to hockey fans especially.

You have to hand it to a country that can be so full of friendly people. And by that, I mean let's just pretend that whole Stanley Cup deal in Vancouver never happened, okay? Yeah, let's just go ahead and sweep that whole ugly little incident under the Canadian national rug.

Anyway, I hope everyone had a great Canada Day. Just wait until tomorrow, because that's the really good one!

2 comments:

Mona said...

We celebrated Canada Day. Well not like the fourth. I went to Canada on the first

Unknown said...

I didnt know there was a Canada day!