Monday, March 10, 2014

The Forgotten Pair

I was startled today to realize that I missed (along with the front office, evidently!) the birthday of not just one, but two of my students. Granted, it was yesterday (Sunday), when we weren't in school. But it wasn't mentioned until recess. I'll hand it to them, they didn't get angry when they were snubbed by both me and during the morning announcements!

Anyway, I'm sure the oversight will be corrected soon. In the meantime (in the in-between time), I will take this opportunity to wish a happy belated birthday to Grant D. and Eva M!

Eva is a girl who loves to read. When I say this, I mean that she could read through an earthquake. As long as she isn't hit with a slab of cement with rebar sticking out of it, she will continue reading. This is a trait I love in a student. And while she is normally in the middle of a great novel (she's been known to tear through one in a day), she is also an awesome artist and appreciator of manga.

Not that you need it, Eva, but here's a cool tutorial on how to draw manga characters:



Next we have Grant. Grant is a hockey player, a Purdue fan (a rarity in 5-1), and best of all, he has done some amazing work with two of our students, Charlie and Henry, who are a part of the lifeskills program. He has natural skills that I just don't have--that I truly envy. He is a loyal kid who will make the world a better place through his care for those with disabilities. Plus, with one upside-down Post-It note triangle placed on his chin, he can become Evil Grant.

So lest Evil Grant visit me sometime, I give you this picture which sums up the most superficial part of what makes you awesome:





Happy Birthday, you two. I'm sorry that your birthday was only 23 hours, unlike people whose birthday takes place on a regular, normal day. You guys really got the short shrift. I hope they were a good 23 hours! You deserve them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

squid

Katelyn said...

I hope both Eva and Grant had a happy birthday!

squid said...

squid