Sunday, November 12, 2017

Appreciated Even More

Our day on Friday started off with the Veteran's Day program. Although it's been two years since my class last ran this program, it still makes me happy every time I see it. I am happy to report that nearly all of my class was quiet and respectful of the veterans Friday morning.


We said good-bye to a beloved WBE staff member on Friday morning, and it's most likely someone you have never met if you're a parent. Mrs. Carol Moore spent the last eleven years at Woodbrook as the cashier in the lunch line. She was one of the "invisible" people who makes the school run as well as it does. She always spoke so kindly to the kids, calling them "sweetie", and always made sure that I was taken care of as well. Everybody at Woodbrook is going to miss her like crazy. She gets to retire now and help take care of her grandkids. We would never want to deprive her of that.

Lastly, the speeches for BizTown were very successful. 5-1's own Connor A, Hope E, and Kiarra T did a great job and did us proud by getting up and delivering their speeches to the entire fifth grade.

No comments: