Friday, September 29, 2017

When September Ends

I apologize for the lack of post yesterday, but time got away from me and to be totally honest, I forgot.

This week we have learned about adverbs, homophones, commas, Lakota Indians; and the sun, moon and stars.

We had a lockdown drill this morning while the kids were in the library, and Mrs. Vahle said it all went very smoothly. I had no doubt it would.

We've had our spelling test and are in the middle of grading our GCL's, but we took a break so the kids could go out to recess (my day off!).

Check your kid's grades. We had quite a few people not turn in their bookmarks and their reader's responses today. When those go from being simply a missing assignment to being a zero in the grade book, it's going to really do some damage. I'll be speaking with some of them this afternoon about this, but I wanted to make sure that is reiterated at home as well.

Everyone have a great weekend and enjoy this weather!

No comments: