Tuesday, January 13, 2015

The Engines Can't Take the Strain, Captain

Hello, everyone! I want to say really quickly that I am hammering home the reading log bookmarks this semester. These kids seem to think they're ready for middle school (and don't get me started on how early in the school year this Clay Night is), and so we need to start getting them more ready. I told them yesterday that I was going to take off points if they didn't have it turned in today, and you will see that reflected in their Work Habits grade for reading. I told them to make sure it is turned in tomorrow, otherwise they will lose more points.

I told them it's not going to do them any good to read and not turn in their bookmarks--and when they find themselves in a hole, the first thing they need to do is stop digging!

Ugh, update... We took the computer bandwidth stress test. Turns out either the computer system isn't quite ready, or McGraw Hill wasn't quite ready. The computers were doing hilarious things, such as skipping ahead about five problems, or freezing up altogether. Fun times!

No comments: