Thursday, June 19, 2014

The Artist


Happy Birthday to Lara!

Lara was quite possibly my most creative student this last year. Lara is a poet, an artist, and a gifted writer. She could take a mundane assignment and breathe life into it. For instance, I literally rifled through the spelling meaning exercises every week to find hers and grade it first. It was a pure pleasure to see what kind of sentences and what kinds of elaborate pictures she could concoct for the spelling words. 

Lara, I still have your picture (The Watchful Girl), and I am planning to put it on my wall of art in the back of the room. It's been five or six years since I've added anything to that wall. But the conversation we had when you explained that picture to me is one that I've told other teachers and friends many times since. 

Hope you had a fantastic birthday, Lara. You deserve it!

1 comment:

Cookie Monster said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!