Sunday, November 11, 2012

Full Court Press

This post is best told in the form of bullet points:
  • Was I ever impressed with the results on the Math quiz from Thursday. This week we will only be having math four times again because of the fifth grade program. We're in the midst of a chapter on fractions right now, which can cause a little trepidation. This week it may get a little shaky with the introduction of decimals into the game, but I'll do my best to make it work for them. 
  • The Book Fair is tomorrow. Well, that's when we're going, anyway. But then, I found out later on that we will still be going in for our regular library time on Wednesday, so now they will have at least two chances to go to the book fair. This is a PTO fundraiser, so come if you can. I don't know right now when Family Night is (Tuesday? Must be, because Wednesday is the program). I'll let your child know for sure as soon as I know.
  • The interviews for Biztown will be on Friday. I talked to the kids the other day about the importance of a good, firm handshake, eye contact, and speaking so that you can be heard. This week, we'll be filling out job applications and discussing how to look on the day of the interview.
  • On Thursday morning, we're doing to the Palladium to hear the Carmel Symphony Orchestra. You should have seen permission slips come home for this already. I'm going to say that I want the kids to look nice for this--at the VERY least, polo shirts for the boys. It was one thing when this program was at the high school auditorium, but now it's at the Palladium. Come on.
  • After Thanksgiving, we're doing to start doing literature circles instead of the guided reading groups. This way, we will be able to finish a novel in between Thanksgiving and Christmas. 
  • Coming up this Wednesday during their library time, I'm going to tell the kids that they have to pick out a biography to read for a project we have coming up after Thanksgiving as well. 
  • The fifth grade play, Harmony High, is set for Wednesday evening. Should be a pretty cool show; I know the kids have been working hard on it. The show begins at 7pm on Wednesday in the Woodbrook gym.

No comments: