Monday, March 30, 2009

Carnival Aftermath

The kids should be working on their rough drafts for their research papers. I've told them loud and clear that if they are planning to be gone on Thursday, that they should turn it in on Wednesday. And I told them that if they're unexpectedly sick that day, that I wanted them to make sure that they had mom or dad run it to school. It's very important that I have them to grade so that they can have them back right after break. 

Also, the kids have their second book report due on that day as well. Just so that you know I'm not a big meanie, I did let them know about this one a long time ago. We have some time in the computer lab on Thursday so that we can get them all typed up before break also.

There is a Math test on Wednesday, and the kids seem pretty well prepared for it. Because we have only one more chapter to go, we'll be reviewing at the end of the year and making sure the kids have everything they're going to need for next year. I find that most kids transition pretty well to junior high Math from the sixth grade class, but I'll keep an extra eye on these guys until the end just to make sure. 

It was fun to see everyone at the carnival on Saturday. I haven't heard numbers yet, but it sure looked like a record turnout. Maybe the crummy weather actually helped us in the end. Anyway, thank you to all of you who volunteered. This school is so great about that, but I have to say I think my class was particularly well-represented with parents. I happen to think we're a pretty great class. 

No comments: